Thursday, April 26, 2012

Get Ready... Get Set... Sew! Day 3/4

Well... Day 3 of KCWC came and went with very little accomplished... So I'm sticking it together with Day 4... And I finally have something finished!...
You'd think that a zipper and facing would not take two days
 to complete... but after volunteering at my kids school all day...
and baseball... I had very little motivation...
(I'm hoping for some cram sessions this weekend)
That being said... the completion was not hard... just a lot of pinning!
(If you need a quick and easy zipper tutorial click here)

All in all... I am pretty happy with the way the shorts turned out...
(If you want to know how I added the box pleats click here)




















Sadly this was not the only thing I started today... I also started on a shirt, which was coming along just fine... until I realized that I sewed the back yoke pieces onto the back pieces sideways (sigh...) So now I'm ripping out the seams... Great fun...
Here's to a better Day5...
***Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment