Friday, April 20, 2012

Hitting the Books... Part 2...

Lately, I have been trying some of the non-traditional forms of patterns...  My first attempt was using a master pattern from a book... that I had to trace, cut out, and then alter... You can read more about it  here ... 
Then, a friend recently showed me this book, and I instantly fell in love...  My only stumbling block... the patterns for it were PDF(printed off from your printer)... not something I've done before, but since I am trying new things... I decided to jump in with both feet...
PDF's are a new trend for patterns... not just found with books, you can also download them from various websites (such as Etsy)... So cool!  After printing out your patterns on regular printer paper (8.5"x11")... You puzzle them together and tape in place...  Then you cut them out with your fabric, like any traditional pattern...
I decided to try this pattern out first... I love all of the detailing...
I love that I got to use so many buttons... and the fabric is vintage of course...  Super cute!
So, I tried something new...  And it wasn't a complete failure...Yay!...  If your on the fence like me, when it came to these new "fancy" pattern choices... Jump in!  If I can... you can too!
Come sew with me...
***Jennifer

4 comments:

  1. The mixed fabric is so original. I like your style!
    I'll visit you again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love to mix it up ;) I hope you do visit again!

      Delete
  2. brilliant! what a great shape and love the fabric you choose. dee-lightful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I just barely had enough fabric to make it work... using vintage fabric can be a challenge sometimes. I love how using the navy and white stripes gave it a nautical feel.... so different from the pattern picture...

      Delete