Monday, October 8, 2012

KCWC...Sew Happy... Day 1...

Today is the first day of KCWC (if you all ready didn't know) ...
Here is what I started to work on...
The pattern... Vintage McCall's 4143... I decided to get a head start and cut this shirt out last night...  So glad that I had the time to do it, because when I pulled out the pattern pieces... I realized it was the wrong size...  Grrr... this meant that I had to re-size each pattern piece... Fingers crossed!  Hopefully I did it correctly...
The shirt seems to be coming together correctly...The test, will be how it fits my daughter... if I can wrangle her into it after school...  I did not get it completed today, but it's all in the details...
 Tons of top stitching...
 And a rounded hem...
The pattern also called for lace hem facings... I liked the unexpected touch, and went with a contrasting color...
 
So... That's my progress so far...
How are your projects coming along?
 
Happy Sewing!
***Jennifer



2 comments: