Sunday, October 28, 2012

Fall Has Arrived On My Door Step...

It's here! It's here...  Fall has finally arrived to my neck of the woods!  I love the crisp sunny days, the vibrant colors of the changing leaves, and eggnog lattes!  Every year we visit a local farm to pick out pumpkins and gourds to decorate with...  We have a blast going on the hay ride...
Visiting the pumpkin patch...
 And going through the Corn Maze...
 I also bought some dried corn to add to my wreath...
To make this wreath... I started with the grape vine wreath I made last year...
 To this I added clipping from the yard...  I used the dead stalks from Lambs Ear, Thistles, and  Hawthorn branches...
 I wove these into the wreath... twisting the ends together as I went around...
In the Fall the kids and I also love to pull on our boots... and go foraging in the neighborhood...  They get such a kick out of displaying our finds on the dinning room table.  So far we have pods from some trees, acorns, and pine cones...  We also love to gather leaves, and press them between magazine pages...
On one of our walks I found this branch laying across the sidewalk... I of course brought it home and hung it in my window...
 I love all of the moss and lichen clinging to it... and couldn't resist adding a couple of birds...
Such fun!  I hope you are enjoying the change of seasons... are inspired to show your Fall colors... and warming up with an eggnog latte.  Cheers!
***Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment