Saturday, October 22, 2011

Pause...

In my hectic life, I try to take small moments to reflect and enjoy the things around me...  Fall is my favorite time of year... I want to enjoy every minute of it... to pause and take in the beauty of it with my family...
So this week we made our annual trip to a local farm... we grow a few things it our backyard, but the kids always take delight in seeing the rows and rows of fruits and vegetables.  Every year we pick out pumpkins and gourds to decorate our font steps...adding our carved ones at Halloween...
Taking a hay ride out to the pumpkin patch...
Perfect day to pick pumpkins...
I could not pass up this perfect little pumpkin...

Our treasures perfectly nestled for the hay ride back...

Our front steps adorned for Fall with the pumpkins and corn stalks from our yard... looks good with the wreath I made previously http://creatingbitsofenvy.blogspot.com/2011/10/getting-in-mood-for-fall.html

Here is a tabletop idea... Using various sizes of cake plates ...I nestled the pumpkins in leaves, hawthorn, dried corn, and pods that I collected...

I really enjoyed my trip to the farm this week, and encourage you to see if there is a local  one near you... you might be surprised!  I hope you can take the time to  pause this week... breath in that fresh cool air... and take joy in the gift of Fall...

No comments:

Post a Comment