Monday, October 10, 2011

Sew What!


It is KCWC kids clothes week and I have signed up for the challenge!  I need another project like I need another hole in my head, but I'm jumping in with both feet... The task is simple... devote 1hour everyday, (10/10-10/17) and sew some clothes for the kid in your life... I am going to work on some fall clothes for my daughter Violet... Wish me luck!  I will post my hour progress everyday this week, so check back to see how far I've gotten... Are you going to join me?  Happy sewing!
 
Ready...set...go!  Since I have so many projects going, I really did set a timer... here's what I did with my hour...


 
This is my first project... vintage 1967...


I always take the time to line up my grain line... and mark the lines... it makes putting it together so much easier...

These lines will help me easily pin on some rick rack or lace...

All cut out and marked... now to sew...

 When sewing on knits it is always a good idea to use a knit stitch... it allows the seams some stretch, without breaking the thread... This is the setting on my 401, it is a very narrow zig zag stitch... it almost looks straight...

  
So with the few minutes I had left I was able to sew the front and back center seams... That's my stopping point for today... If anyone is taking on this challenge with me I would love to hear about your progress!  See you tomorrow for day 2...

No comments:

Post a Comment