Monday, October 31, 2011

Inspiration doesn't have to live in your home town...

We are on a family vacation... and I am loving it!  I enjoy exploring new places, and finding new inspirations... Here are some of the things that have caught my eye...

These wonderful pods are found in the trees outside my parents house...

I can see many possibilities...
I also spied this Fox Tail asparagus fern... the ends look like mini decorated Christmas trees... how cute would they be displayed at Christmas!


Here are some of the stores that caught my eye... found some ski pants for my daughter for $4 and spied a mantel like mine in the antique store...
By far my favorite find... I've been looking for some black boots and found these leather ones at the local Buffalo Exchange... $26
But the most magical place of all... Is the Long Beach Outdoor Antique Market...

I spied this coat and fell in love...

It fit perfect... but sadly I walked away because they wanted $75... I'm just to thrifty to pay that price!
  
Vintage clothing paradise... most things priced between $3-$15...
   
Vintage Christmas...

Lace... and buttons... and trim... oh my!
  
 Here is what I went home with... Thank goodness we took our car this trip...

My highest $$$ item was this 1930's Erector set... including instructions!  I walked away with it for $40... I don't usually spent that much on an item, but this will be my sons Christmas present... so I can justify...

I almost fell over when I found out the price on this 50's built in ironing board cabinet!  When she said $20 I could barely contain myself...I have to admit I did a little happy dance...

Like I said I'm glad we are traveling by car...
Got these fun trays for 25cents a piece... I had to stop myself from buying more...
$9 spent on vintage fabric... I'm thinking of using the car fabric on pj's for my son...
Buttons!  Buttons!  and more Buttons!  I always can use more... can never have to many... these pretty vintage beauties cost me $3 for all...

How cool are these... sliver wire looped into flower shapes...
I just adore them...
And from a couple of vender's I collected these vintage flocked Christmas trees...  total $5... can't wait to put them out at Christmas...

Wow!  What fun finds... I can't wait to get them home!  Are you a treasure seeker/thrifter like me?  Don't let the opportunities pass you by... my favorite thing to do when I'm in a new place is to Google thrift stores from my phone... you never know what you might find!  Also take in your surroundings, I'll be definitely taking some of those pods home with me... I can already envision adding them to my front door wreath.  Also fun, is to press leaves or flowers in what ever book/magazine your vacationing with... It's a fun keepsake... and it's free!  Happy Hunting!
***Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment