Thursday, December 22, 2011

Undercover Buttons... How to make covered buttons into earings...

A while back I saw this idea and knew I had to try it... Turning covered buttons into earrings!  It's supper easy... Here's the how to...

Using the template(on the back of the covered button package) cut out two circles out of fabric...
Next... remove the metal clip (I used pliers for the job)...
Then starting from side to side... wrap fabric around the button(right side out) ...making sure to catch the fabric under the metal prongs... all the way around...
Now you are ready to snap on the back... I can usually push the back on with my fingers... but a spool of thread works too... 
Almost done!  Repeat the last few steps with another button so you have two...
The article I read said this glue was the best one for the job... I found it at Michael's... It is kind of gloppy, so I recommend squeezing a small amount out on a piece of scratch paper... then dip your earring post in the glue... (the posts and earring backs I also purchased at Michael's)
Stick the post on the button back... and let sit for 24hrs... 
Then you've got yourself a new pair of earrings... Here are some of the earring I did...
The possibilities are endless... the bottom left pair I layered some lace over the fabric... 
I found these square ones at an estate sale... too fun! 

These earrings were so fun and easy to put together... anyone could do it!  Even if your not a seasoned crafter... this would be a good one to try...  Ruined your favorite shirt?... turn it into a pair of earrings...  Happy Crafting!
***Jennifer
P.S. Keep up on my latest projects by Following me....

No comments:

Post a Comment