Sunday, December 18, 2011

Knitted Gifts...

I started knitting a couple of years ago... and it has quickly become an addiction... Being so easily portable, I can take it anywhere(unlike sewing)...  I take any opportunity that I can to snatch up materials... manly estate sales...  I purchased a box of knitting patterns recently for a $1 ... So my next knitting project came from that treasure trove... 

1961 Pattern book...
I could not resist knitting these slipper for my kids for Christmas... they bring back memories of my Grandma, because she knitted me a pair of slippers every year...
Here are the girl's

And these are the boy's
 Since it is well known that I have a home for unwanted crafting items...  My next knitting inspiration came from a gifted knitting book... I just had to knit them for my friend's daughter... I can't wait to see them on her!

These came from a 1955 Bernat Handicraft magazine...
Well these are the knitted gifts I've done so far...(at least the ones I can show to prying eyes)...  If you love knitting like me, I encourage you to look at your local estate sales/garage sales!  You can pick up knitting items for pennies vs. dollars it cost you at the craft store...  Happy Knitting!
***Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment