Sunday, January 19, 2014

How To Make Stamps Out Of Wine Corks...

Well... my new venture (Bits of Envy on Etsy) has started off with a bang!  Within less than a week, I had three orders.  One of them shipped to Australia...So... I guess I can now say Bits of Envy has gone global!  However, I was so focused on getting my shop up and running... that I completely over looked how I wanted to package my items for shipment.  Luckily being my thrifty crafty self, I took stock of what I had on hand...
Brown paper (check!)
Twine (check!)
Buttons (of course... double check!)
But... when I wrapped my order up... it looked a little blah...
Back to the hoard...(I mean drawing board) I went... to see what I could find...
 I remembered that I had some corks... And thought to myself stamps!
 I printed off my saying in a font and size I thought would be good ... and got to work...
 I taped the letter to my cork... remembering to place the letter up side down otherwise it would have been backwards...
 Using an X-Acto knife I traced around the letter...
 Then I cut around the side about 1/4 inch down... careful not to cut under my letter...
 Taking out small chunks at a time... I worked my way around... until...
 ...All that was left was my letter...
 I had more letters than corks... so I carved out both sides...
The end results... Now my package is ready to ship!
Happy Stamping...
***Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment