Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Circus Party...

As I have mentioned in the past...  I've created a monster when I comes to my kids birthday parties...  I don't know how I manage it, but each year I come up with a new theme.  My friends think I'm crazy(and I have to admit when I'm happily working on decorations at 2am... maybe I am)... but I really have enjoyed doing it...  It's a labor of love...  Hopefully, one day when my kids look back at their childhood, they'll have fond memories...  Since this months theme is in honor of my daughters birthday...  I thought I would start with her 9th...  Which was a Circus Party...

Party favors thanks to the Dollar Tree... I filled plastic popcorn containers with cotton candy, microwavable popcorn bags, and the instant grow animals(just add water)... the paper cutouts I found in their teacher section... Super easy!
 Decorations... more Dollar Tree cutouts... and precut letters...  I made the garland by cutting out tissue (also $1 from the Dollar Tree) into triangles, and then taped them together...
The Main Attraction... Circus Cutouts!  My mother and I took refrigerator boxes and re-purposed them using a borrowed projector, some pages from a coloring book, and a little imagination...
Violet wanted to be a tight rope walker...  You my have noticed the balance beam in the picture above.  This was(in her mind) the most important part of the party...  If she couldn't have an actual rope...
The kids really had fun with them... each face could be removed... great for group shots...
 This is one of my favorites!
We also did some face painting... 
The craft was decorating a frame... complete with their cutout picture... (this picture also shows Vi's tight rope walker dress...)
While waiting for me to cut and serve cake and ice cream, my son dazzled them with magic tricks...
All in all a fun birthday...
 
If you enjoyed this and want more party ideas... keep checking back...  I'm posting them all month! 
Happy party planning...
***Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment