Friday, May 10, 2013

KCW Spring 2013... Day 7...

Yes... I am well aware that KCW is over... but I was determined to finish my projects for the week!  Between my husband being out of town, baseball(boy), kickboxing(girl), and working on school art projects,   there simply was not enough time to squeeze in even an hour of sewing...(hence the other meager posts...here...here...here...and here...)  So, with the hubby now home(and the art projects completed), I was finally able to wrap up my week for KCW... and get some pictures taken...
For my last project I wanted to make Gloria's Tween Maxi Skirt from Creative Kids Couture.  My daughter kept asking if I could make her a maxi skirt, and I had purchased this PDF pattern a couple weeks ago with KCW in mind... so...  I could not end the challenge without making the skirt!

After I printed out the pattern...  I was very happy to find out that all of the pieces were straight cuts(that meant no pattern pieces to cut out and tape together)... All I needed was a ruler, pen, and scissors.  Thank you CKC for such a cute and easy Pattern
It was an instant hit... after the twirl test... of course... (and paired with the top from day 6)
She didn't want to take it off... and kept coming up with different poses...
This one is my favorite!
I also managed to get her into the first two items I made... I know it sounds corny... but the patterns I drafted using The Perfect Fit, really are a perfect fit!  Here's the proof...
Love the way my sailor inspired shorts turned out... and the top is pretty cut too!
I'm glad I added the panel on the bottom of the top, because it made it long enough to tuck in too!  Now you can see all of the cute buttons on the shorts...

That's my end to KCW... I'm glad I took the time to finish... Better late than never...
Happy Sewing!
***Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment