Saturday, November 12, 2011

Yosemite... take my breath away...

We have been on a family vacation, and it's been fun... oh the treasures I've found (you can take a peek here) ...but the greatest treasure of all was the last 5 days while we camped at Yosemite...
It quite literally took my breath away...

The view from our campsite...

The first morning we woke up to fresh snow...

Of course that only meant one thing... snowball fight!
 
Our first outing was to the Ahwahnee lodge...

Gorgeous...
We hiked up to Vernal Falls... it was so steep we were walking in the clouds...
We also hiked to Mirror Lake...

On our travels we spied a hollow tree...

Part of what made the trip so fun, was our kids appreciation of there surroundings... like this piece of ice...

...and ice crystals...

Our most amazing find was this stacked rock garden...

The kids decided to add their own...

With a little help...

Taking in the beauty...

There were numerous bike paths...
...but the kids made there own around our campsite...
There was so much to see... it made me feel a little less guilty about the amount of school my kids were missing...

School can't compare to this...
  
One of the first guides...
 
My daughter was inspired by the weaving we saw at the museum... she came back to camp and braided all of us accessories out of pine needles... even the dog...

It was so nice to get away... taking a break from phone and Internet, and spending some quality time with my family and parents... I feel so lucky that my kids have the same awe and enthusiasm for nature... they will take these memories with them forever...  If I have learned anything from this trip it's this... we need very little to have happiness... just take a walk, and take in your surroundings... you just might find something that takes your breath away...
***Jennifer

P.S. If your enjoying my blog and want to read more... Follow me... and you'll be the first to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment