Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Magazines are eye candy for crafters...

I don't have to be the one... to come up with every idea I get!  Being on vacation, also means I get to catch up on my magazines...  Here are some great ideas I found... and plenty to keep me busy when I get home...
 
This vintage Pendelton dress is just adorable!  I'm pretty sure I've got the vintage fabric and pattern to recreate it...


When the holidays are over and everything is dreary... I think these butterflies will brighten my day...
 
What a great gift idea!  I can not wait to try it out... these are made from covered buttons, and then they simply attached earring backs...
 

Another fun gift/party favor idea... these were made from acorns that they collected.  Melt some wax... add a wick and these mini candels are sure to bring a smile... wax and wicks can be easlie found  at your local craft store...
   

       
I loved this idea... it's just a plain flat sheet trimmed with lace... then over the years at family gatherings, people signed, doodled, and wrote notes... After the event, each mark was embroidered over... keeping it for all time... what a wonderful keepsake to pass on to the next generation... 
Don't we all need to take the time  and realize what we are thankful for... say it with words in this creative way... using branches from the yard, they simply hung it up with ribbon... and clip leaves with words of thanks to them... I could see hanging this in a window... or on a door...


  This idea is great too!  Using a simple frame... they covered an insert with burlap and then simply pined leaf shapes noting what they were thankful for... what a great way to share...

I hope this has brought you some inspiration... and a reminder that your greatest ideas don't have to be all your own... just fun to do...
***Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment