Friday, November 18, 2011

My new dress...

A couple weeks ago I blogged about this dress...  I instantly new I needed to recreate it! 
The inspiration is a vintage Pendelton dress... too cute right!
So... this is what I came up with...
I think I came pretty close to the original...

Back view... for an easy zipper instructional click here...

I used the body and neckband from #8335 , and the sleeve from #7309

Since I was using a plaid... I took the extra time to match up the grain lines...

I love it when the pattern continues seamlessly...

I cut the neckband, pockets and sleeve band on the bias... even thought it was not necessary...

I thought it gave the dress some visual interest...

I love my new dress... I think it will keep me warm and toasty this winter!  Oh, and I forgot to mention this garment was (of course) cut out of vintage fabric...  So, my dress cost me under $3! ( It was awhile ago, but I believe the fabric cost me a $1.99 and a patterns were .25 a piece)  I love being thrifty!  Fashion does not have to break your budget...
Happy Sewing!
***Jennifer
P.S.  If you like what you've read and are wanting more... Follow me, and you'll be the first to know when I've got a new post...

3 comments:

  1. Looks great! You wanna make me a maternity version? ;-) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Idea! Are you wearing it to Thanksgiving?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I might... but I also have this new outfit too...
    http://creatingbitsofenvy.blogspot.com/2011/11/sew-simple-adding-trim.html
    ***Jennifer

    ReplyDelete