Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Brightening Up A Gloomy Winter Day...

After Christmas... when all the decorations have gone... my house seems sad...
The sky is dark and gray... and the inside of my house feels just as gray... (Am I the only one that feels this way?)  In an attempt to part the clouds and bring the hope of spring...  I gave my mantel a spring face lift...
 Back for round two... I brought back in the branch I hung in the window during the fall...
First I placed this vintage spring print... already the clouds are starting to lift...
 Then I started to decorate the branches... with odds and ends... why not?
 I among the bells, keys, and watches... I also added a couple birds that traveled all the way from England with a friend...
 Every mantel should have a least a couple family photos... so I tucked a couple into the branches...
My favorite things on the branches are the baby shoes(these are my Dad's... the white pair is mine)... especially this one that I made into a birds nest...
This simple decorating project... was a much needed lift to my spirits...  Now I can make it through the gloomy days outside...  because I have captured the promise of spring on the inside...
***Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment