Sunday, May 26, 2013

Spring Top Sewalong...

 


I am really late on joining in... but I couldn't miss the opportunity to do some selfish sewing for the Spring Top Sewalong with Made by Rae.  Here are my contributions for this year...

Same Pattern 2 Ways...

 I love all of the options with this Simplicity pattern #1693... On the first top, I made the sleeveless view with the peter pan collar.  The second top added the cap sleeves, but no collar. I am still a fan of the high/low hem, so I used it on both tops...

 The fabric for this top was a vintage lace curtain panel....

 ...and this top I cut out of a vintage tablecloth...
Both tops have a simple loop and button closure... and were seriously easy to sew up!

Peplum Top...
This is a current trend that until now... I have not been able to wear.  Being freakishly high waisted, the waist of every peplum top I've tried on in the stores hit me at my hips... not a good look...
Then I spotted this McCall's pattern #6754... and knew with a couple of adjustments (bringing the waistline up 2 inches), I could jump on board!

Using the stripe on the bottom of some vintage knit I had in my stash... I cut out the peplum... I had wanted to cut the whole top out of the stripe, but it just wasn't possible.  So, I  was able to squeeze in the center bodice... and the rest I had to cut out of the top white portion...  I love it!  Now I can wear a peplum top like the rest of the cool kids...

Well that's what I did for the Sewalong...
Happy Sewing!
***Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment