Sunday, May 26, 2013

Skirt Week 2013...

*** Update***
Although I didn't win... my Anthropologie inspired skirt was featured in the top 10 for straight skirts!  Yay!  It was so fun to see me up there with some really fabulous skirts...  P.S. I'm #4...

crafterhours
Hip Hip Hooray!  It's skirt week!
What is skirt week?  Well you can read all about it here... It is a weekof sewing skirts for you... Yes!  I said it selfish sewing... and with summer just around the corner, it is perfect timing...  Here is what I contributed this year...

Anthropologie knock off...
I made this skirt a while ago... by modifying Simplicity pattern #2512... but never got around to taking a picture of me in it.  This was the perfect opportunity to do it... You can read more about it here...
I love the fabric combinations... and the pockets!

Tween Maxi Skirt...
I just finished this one up for KCW...
The pattern I used was Gloria's Tween Maxi Skirt from Creative Kids Couture... It met all of my daughter's requirements (Long... and good to twirl)... She loves it!

Vintage Knit Skirt...
Super comfy pull on skirt...  from Simplicity pattern #2258...  I did not have enough fabric to cut out the ties, which would have been a cute detail... But, that's the nature of dealing with vintage fabric...

 
 I also hit a small stumbling block when I cut out the pockets... none of my scraps were big enough!  So I cut them out of a different fabric... and grafted (zig zag stitched in place)pieces of my main fabric on the part that shows... It was definitely a make it work moment...
Not very exciting on the hanger... but I like it... and it was super fast to make...

Ruffled Hi-Lo Skirt...

Making a long skirt for my daughter... made me want to have one too!  So I pulled out this pattern from Simplicity #1662...

 I am still a fan of the Hi-Lo hem...
 The only changes I made were... widening the waistband... and adding a second ruffle.  This is an easy to wear skirt...that looks great dressed up, or dressed down with sandals and a t-shirt...

I have been a busy bee... but it's worth it!
Happy Sewing!
***Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment