Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Friday Thrifting...

I love Fridays... It is the one day, that I let all of the hustle and bustle of the week go... and after dropping the kids off at school(because a Mom is never truly "off" the clock)...It Is Me Time!!!(until I have to pick up the kids... sigh...)  I start off with coffee and a fresh bakery treat... and then I'm off to thrift...  Lately, I have been finding the coolest stuff... so I just had to share...
I hit the jackpot on vintage patterns... 5 for $1.00...  I find it amusing that while I was digging through them, I kept saying to myself ... "Oh! I've got that"... I may be developing a small pattern hoarding problem...
Ahh... I just love vintage fabric... It makes me giddy!  The two on the left are knits I found for $2.00 a piece, the red is a dotted swiss($1.00), and the white is an eyelet($1.00)...
This fabric deserved to be photographed all by itself... I was absolutely gaga over it... at a mere $2.00 for 4yards!  My biggest dilemma is what to make out of it.  I know it will be a dress... but it has to be the perfect one!
I saved the best for last... I found this vintage fan for $7.00!  It works perfectly... but there was a loose nut... a problem that was easily solved by my handy husband.  I have wanted one for sooooo long, and can't believe the price I paid for it!

I can't wait for friday to get here... I'm ready to go out again!  There are treasures to be found... Items to discover... And prices to be bargained with...
Get Thrifting!
***Jennifer
P.S. I found this during my travels... I didn't purchase it, because it was wwwaaayyy out of my price range, but the saying struck a chord with me... It is so true, and I thought it was worth sharing.  The wheels are turning... as I ponder ideas to recreate it...

Until then, it's definitely taken up residency in my heart...

***(In case you can't read it)***
THIS BRIGHT, NEW DAY...
COMPLETE WITH 24 HOURS OF
OPPORTUNITIES, CHOICES, AND
ATTITUDES.  A PERFECT MATCHED
SET OF 1440 MINUTES.  THIS
UNIQUE GIFT.  THIS ONE DAY.
CANNOT BE EXCHANGED, REPLACED,
OR REFUNDED.  HANDLE WITH CARE.
THERE IS ONLY 1 TO A CUSTOMER...

No comments:

Post a Comment