Saturday, December 8, 2012

Handmade Gifts... Pencil Case...

Pinned Image
My Daughter came to me the other day requesting ideas for a gift she could make for her friends...


My son of course piped up and said he wanted to make Christmas gifts too! 

Luckily, I had filed away on one of my Pinterest boards this great idea from... One Good Thing By Jillee... using recycled cereal boxes and cutting out nifty pencil cases...
You'll find more recycled cereal box crafts... (and download instructions/templates)... HERE...

This project was so easy and fast to make!  All you need for this craft is...
* a cereal box
*tape
*pencil
*scissors
*Velcro fasteners (I used sticky back dots)
You'll also need to print out the template from this link by makezine.com (just a side note... I found I had to add 1/2inch to the template to accommodate the pencils I planed to use in the finished case.  I added this by cutting the template in half, and then taped an extra 1/2inch piece of paper to the middle...)
Opening the cereal box and laying it flat, I was able trace out two pencil cases...  I made sure to score the dotted lines, it makes folding so much easier...
After following the simple instructions... these come together in a snap!  Love that you can use the printed side, or the cardboard side and add your own drawings...
My kids found this craft to be both easy and fun!  No whining involved... Which is a win my book.
We also had fun filling them with Christmas pencils and erasers...
They are going to have so much fun giving these to their friends...
 
I'm glad I took the time to do a craft together... It seems to often we are caught up in our individual activities.  As my kids get older I feel like time is running out!  I want to make as many memories as possible... and hoard them away for later when hanging out with Mom is no longer cool... and maybe someday they'll think back on their childhood say fondly "Remember when..."
Happy Crafting!
***Jennifer


No comments:

Post a Comment