Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween...2012

Our Halloween was pretty low key this year... Believe it or not... I did not make costumes for my kids, and Halloween still happened anyways! (I don't know why I put so much pressure on myself sometimes.)
The kids had fun carving Pumpkins...
They turned out so cute!
My favorite part about pumpkin carving, is roasting the pumpkin seeds...(I have an easy recipe at the bottom of this post)...
And of course we went Trick-or Treating... They went as Ken and Barbie this year...  They really enjoyed creeping people out with their stiff doll poses...



It was so fun seeing all of the different Halloween decorations...

Our night ended watching It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown... a tradition from my childhood that continues on with my kids... And of course eating way too much candy!

So even though my Halloween wasn't very crafty... We still had a fun night... I guess I'm learning sometimes it's nice to take a break...
Happy Halloween!
***Jennifer
P.S. Here is my recipe for roasting pumpkin seeds...
-pre heat oven to 325
-rise off seeds(discard any pumpkin bits)
-pat dry with a towel(you can pour them onto a towel and just let them air dry for a little bit also...)
-meanwhile... spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray
-then add your pumpkin seeds and spread them out
-sprinkle with salt
-cook for 30mins... stirring once half way through... they are ready to eat immediately...

No comments:

Post a Comment