Thursday, November 14, 2013

My Latest Knitting Project... Buttoned Lace Vest

This project would be more accurately categorized under Latest "Finished" Projects... because I started it at the end of May... took a break from it July/August... and now in November just getting around to completing it!  The pattern is from Vogue Knitting... spring/summer 2011
I am pretty happy with how it turned out...
 The yarn I picked up for .50 cents a skein at an estate sale...  So my total cost for this number was a whopping $1.50...
Being my usual thrifty self, and only using what I had on hand...  A little problem on the back arose, when I ran out of the colored yarn... And to top it off  I only had a small amount of the cream... soooo... I basically just made up the top portion using what I had left... It was a make it work moment!
 Of course I finished it with mismatched vintage buttons...
Happiness is a completed project no matter how long it took...
Happy Knitting!
***Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment