Monday, January 21, 2013

Making Boot Toppers... the easy way...

A couple week ago I crocheted these cute boot toppers(a.k.a. fancy name for leg warmers)...  They of course became my new favorite thing, and soon I began wonder how I could make another pair without so much effort.(When did I become so lazy?  Like the first pair were so hard to make... anyway...) After rolling this idea around in my head for a bit... an idea did come to me!
The bright idea... upcycling an old pair of wool socks... seriously so easy... I made this pair in less than 10mins(that's including all the times I stopped to take pictures)
Here is how I did it...
One pair of old wool socks...
 Cut off the top right above the heel...
 From the middle of the foot section... cut a 3inch strip...
 Fold the strip you just cut in half... so raw edges are even with each other... This will be your band...
Line the bands raw edges with the raw edges of the cut off top...
Using a zig zag stitch... stitch your raw edges together...
 Give the band a quick press with your iron... and your done! (Now go make the 2nd one!)
 See... I told you it was easy!  If your still scratching your head, and wondering what all the hype with boot toppers is all about... Other than being a cute accessory... they are great, because they can give you the bulky sock look without having to add the bulk to your foot.
 The picture up top showed the rib top... but I like the band end too!
 I also think folding them over your boot is a cute look!!!

So there you go... A fabulous pair of boot toppers is just minutes away from being added to your wardrobe...
***Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment