Thursday, January 5, 2012

Office Makeover *Sneek Peek*...

So... I've been working hard (or hardly working... I'm having to reach deep for the motivation) on my work space... It needed a complete over haul, and I have to say that the before pictures are rather shocking...  I'll share them with you when I do the complete reveal... Any ways... to say that it needed to be organized is kind of an understatement... so the process seems to be moving at a snails pace as I organize things and find proper homes...Here is some of the organization so far...

I use alot of vintage buttons... and buy them whenever I can get them dirt cheap... They have wound up all over my office in multiple containers.   I am constantly digging though them for specific colors... my bright idea for organizing them, was to rummage through my recycling and pull out glass containers... After cleaning them and removing the labels, I organized the buttons by color... I think they look rather fetching...
My piles of vintage fabric(and I mean piles literally) have also been in a state of chaos... Shoved behind a door, in a cupboard.   I basically had to pile everything on the floor to get to anything... and at that point I had no motivation to fold it, and put it back nicely... because I was just going to pile it up again the next time I needed something...  My solution for this was via my Husband... who took pity on me and came home one day with shelves... My fabric is slowly working it's way into neat stacks... arranged by color...
Well this month does not really seem to be about *fun* projects... but the faster I can get my space organized... the faster I can get back to crafting...
Are you making a fresh start in the new year?
***Jennifer

1 comment:

  1. Aaacckk! I hear you about office organization. I had to get started during the holidays because I couldn't sew the teepee in my own horrific mess. Can't wait to see the finished product...and to start our series, "How Many Baby Outfits Can You Make In 4 Days?!" xo

    ReplyDelete