Monday, January 30, 2012

Catching on to the infinity craze... without spending a dime...

Recently my fabulous friend Maya made me an infinity scarf... and I have to say I'm kind of obsessed with them now... all outfits seem to revolve around it!  I wanted more... but being thrifty decided to look around the house first for something that I could quickly refashion...

Of course I didn't have to look  for long... I knit this cable scarf a couple of years ago... but don't wear it that often...
Not sure that I wanted a permanent change... I use safety pins to connect the ends...
The pins are invisible on the right side... and easy to take out if I change my mind...

Now this scarf has a new life...  such an easy change, and I will definitely wear it more often...

Just an old knitted scarf I've had for ages...
With these button safety pins, and vintage buttons... I'm going to give this scarf a new life too...
I simply lapped the scarf ends on top of each other... holding it together with the buttons and safety pins...
 
And voila!  A second infinity scarf made... I really like the fringe, it adds a little some thing extra... and the scarf is so long I wrapped it around my neck tree times... giving me some nice chunky layers....
 So, it all started with my inspiration scarf... and now I can add two more to my infinity collection... The best part of all is... (as my thrifty heart jumps for joy) it cost me nothing, and barely 10 minutes of my time! So get out there my crafters... I challenge you to make over at least one of your scarfs with things around your home... even an old lace curtain panel could be made into an infinity scarf... have fun with the infinite possibilities...
***Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment