Friday, August 23, 2013

The Coffee Date Dress...

Tis the season for weddings... and the eternal question... What am I going to wear?!!!?
As I was contemplating my options, and catching up on the blogs I read...  I stumbled upon this...
The Coffee Date Dress Sew-Along Linky Party!!!!

Over at Project Sewn...

I read over the details, and realized... wait a minute... I have this pattern! (I found it on BurdaStyle) It's only been sitting in my To Do pile for probably two years.  After I dug it out, feeling very triumphant that I did find it, I decided this would be the perfect dress to wear for the wedding I was attending.
 Since mine was still in a printed out pile... I quickly got to work assembling the pieces...
 And adding my seam allowance...
 It came together quickly... The only change I made... was adding some vintage lace trim...

 Here I am at the wedding... wearing my Coffee Date Dress... and a very serious expression...
 Although... clearly my dress and I had some fun too!!!
Here's how it looks unbelted...

Thank you Ladies at Project Sewn!  You gave me the kick in the butt I needed to make this cute dress... and the satisfaction of getting a project done out of my To Do pile...
Happy Sewing!
***Jennifer

2 comments:

  1. Jennifer,

    You had me at Vintage lace....what a lovely dress. It totally looks like something you would buy at Anthropologie for a million dollars. Awesome fit and awesome dress!!!! love, love!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh... Thanks! That is the best complement! How did you know... Anthropologie is my absolute favorite store(I get all of my best inspiration from them).
      P.S. the fabric is vintage too :)

      Delete